Introduction to Herbalism and Plant Medicine Workshop
One Day Course
Spend the day in horticulture paradise learning about herbalism and plant medicine at our one-day workshop.
Explore the benefits of traditional natural remedies and herbs and how they support our health so you can add them to your everyday medicine cabinet. You will also explore herbs suitable to plant in your garden, window box and allotment to get the most out of your space and ensure you always have the right herbs to hand. You will also receive a goodie bag of seeds to get you started on your journey connecting back with nature and using its gifts to heal.
During the day, you will go foraging for plants, being guided in the correct method of harvesting and storage. A tea tasting session will be followed by a tincture-making and oil-infusing session, which you will take home with you. You do not need to bring any materials, only yourself.
Julia Behrens, a Medicinal Herbalist, has been practicing and teaching medicinal herbalism for over 20 years. As a published author, she also advises GPs and patients on harnessing nature's science for their health. Julia feels strongly that the environment has an enormous impact on your health and looks forward to sharing information about the medicinal properties of plants from the sea and land to promote natural ways of living.
Julia makes many of her herbal preparations and uses herbs from organic, sustainable, and traceable sources as far as possible.
|Dates & Location
If you wish to receive the latest dates regarding this course when they are released then please click on this link and register your interest
10.00 - 16.00
Stanmer Campus - One Garden Brighton
One day workshop
£75 including all materials and a tour of One Garden.
No prior knowledge of herbalism is needed.
One Garden Brighton
The recent restoration of the walled garden has been managed by Plumpton College. One Garden Brighton is the home of the college’s horticultural centre of excellence, a space for training and education. The campus buildings are nestled within the walls itself and you will see students designing, planting and maintaining the grounds as a showcase for innovation.
One Garden Brighton is place for everyone, a garden made for people. We are a part of our local community; a place to connect, improve wellbeing and discover something new. We support local producers, people and nurture local networks focused on enriching all who visit.
Continue your passion for horticulture onto one of our part time horticulture courses.
Other courses that may interest you
- Conservation Water/Wildlife Gardening 5 Week Course
- Garden Design Level 2 Certificate
- Garden Design Level 3 Diploma
- Garden Design Level 1 Qualification
- Herbalism and Plant Medicine Level 2 Course
- Horticulture C&G Level 3 - Technical Diploma in Horticulture
- How to make a Pollinator Garden One Day Workshop
- Introduction to Biodynamic Gardening 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Creating a Cutting Garden Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Growing Veg in your Garden 3 day workshop
- Introduction to Herbalism & Plant Medicine (3 Days Course) NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Craft (Heritage and Traditional Crafts)
- Introduction to Making your own Compost Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Plant Production Intensive 1 day Course
- Introduction to Plant Propagation Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Planting Design Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Pruning at the Right Time Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Soil Health - Understanding the Magic of the Growing Environment 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Sustainable Gardening for the Future Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Tree Identification & Tree Health. How can we care for our trees 1 Day Workshop
- Know Your Garden (formerly A Year in the Garden) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture
- Learning to Garden (formerly Flourish Plus) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture (Professional Pathway) Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Living Soils Professional Continued Professional Development
- Making a Planter for small Veg & Herb growing One Day Workshop
- Night School - Introduction to Houseplants City & Guilds Level 1 Evening Course
- Night School - Macramé for All 5 Week course
- Practical Horticulture and Estates Skills (Hasting Campus) City & Guilds Level 2 Qualification in Horticulture
- RHS Practical - Certificate in Practical Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- RHS Theory - Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate