Night School - Macramé for All
5 Week course
With its repetitive knotting and endless creative possibilities, Macramé has a calming effect. It softly coaxes you to relax and focus on the moment, evoking positive emotions and enhancing the flow of ‘feel-good’ chemicals, which have a holistic healing effect.
Join us at Night school for a 5-week course learning to Macramé, where you will learn basics knotting techniques to create your own hanging houseplant holder.
- Discover the history of the ancient crafting art of Macramé
- Learn about selecting and using different types of yarns used in Macramé
- Practise basic knots used in Macramé
- Create a hanging houseplant holder (all materials & equipment supplied)
This course is designed for everyone, whether a beginner to Macramé or a Creative Crafter, we will learn together, sharing ideas and experiences.
This course is part of the One Garden Brighton Night School. You’ll be studying alongside others after hours, as our campus becomes a hive of activity for community learning.
You will have exclusive access to the gardens and campus after the gates close, a chance to grab a drink and browse One Market before the course starts. You will then relax, meet new people and get creative as the sun sets in a beautiful setting with contemporary themed gardens to explore.
|Dates & Location|| |
We will be releasing the dates for the new 23/24 Part Time Programme in the coming weeks for a August/September start. If you wish to receive the latest dates regarding this course when they are released then please click on this link and register your interest.
18:00 - 20:00
One Garden Brighton - Stanmer Campus
No Entry requirements needed
One Garden Brighton
The recent restoration of the walled garden has been managed by Plumpton College. One Garden Brighton is the home of the college’s horticultural centre of excellence, a space for training and education. The campus buildings are nestled within the walls itself and you will see students designing, planting and maintaining the grounds as a showcase for innovation.
One Garden Brighton is place for everyone, a garden made for people. We are a part of our local community; a place to connect, improve wellbeing and discover something new. We support local producers, people and nurture local networks focused on enriching all who visit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Conservation Water/Wildlife Gardening 5 Week Course
- Garden Design Level 1 Qualification
- Garden Design Level 2 Certificate
- Garden Design Level 3 Diploma
- Herbalism and Plant Medicine Level 2 Course
- Horticulture C&G Level 3 - Technical Diploma in Horticulture
- How to make a Pollinator Garden One Day Workshop
- Introduction to Biodynamic Gardening 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Creating a Cutting Garden Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Growing Veg in your Garden 3 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Herbalism & Plant Medicine (3 Days Course) NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Craft (Heritage and Traditional Crafts)
- Introduction to Herbalism and Plant Medicine Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Making your own Compost Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Plant Production Intensive 1 day Course
- Introduction to Plant Propagation Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Planting Design Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Pruning at the Right Time Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Soil Health - Understanding the Magic of the Growing Environment 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Sustainable Gardening for the Future Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Tree Identification & Tree Health. How can we care for our trees 1 Day Workshop
- Know Your Garden (formerly A Year in the Garden) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture
- Learning to Garden (formerly Flourish Plus) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture (Professional Pathway) Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Making a Planter for small Veg & Herb growing One Day Workshop
- Night School - Introduction to Houseplants City & Guilds Level 1 Evening Course
- Practical Horticulture and Estates Skills (Hasting Campus) City & Guilds Level 2 Qualification in Horticulture
- RHS Practical - Certificate in Practical Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- RHS Theory - Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate