RHS Theory - Principles of Horticulture
RHS Level 2 Certificate
COMPLETE YOUR RHS LEVEL 2 DIPLOMA AT PLUMPTON COLLEGE
RHS have redsigned their RHS Level 2 Diploma for those wanting a route to employment in professional horticulture or further personal interest. Designed to be studied individually on a part-time basis they're flexible to any schedule. The RHS Level 2 Diploma is awarded to those that who successfully achieve the RHS Level 2 certificates Practical Horticulture and Prinicples of Plant Growth and Development.
RHS Principles of Principles of Horticulture
This theory based qualification provides a comprehensive understanding of the principles that underpin professional practices and theories which support horticulture techniques. In essence the Science behind the Plants. Each Unit is assessed by written examinations throughout the year. The course covers topcs that include:
Plant Botany and Physiology;
Plant health and Nutrition.
|Dates & Location
Please select your preferred date to apply:
(Exact dates TBC) September 2024 - June 2025 (Wednesday)
(Exact dates TBC) September 2024 - June 2025 (Friday)
Stanmer Campus - One Garden Brighton
If you wish to be informed of any future dates regarding this course then please register your interest here.
1 day for 36 weeks
9:30 - 16:00
This course could be FREE.
If you are unemployed and in receipt of state benefits or working and your income is under £20, 319 you could be entitled to financial support towards the course fees or even study for free.
An existing horticultural qualification is strongly recommended or related industry experience.
One Garden Brighton
The recent restoration of the walled garden has been managed by Plumpton College. One Garden Brighton is the home of the college’s horticultural centre of excellence, a space for training and education. The campus buildings are nestled within the walls itself and you will see students designing, planting and maintaining the grounds as a showcase for innovation.
One Garden Brighton is place for everyone, a garden made for people. We are a part of our local community; a place to connect, improve wellbeing and discover something new. We support local producers, people and nurture local networks focused on enriching all who visit.
These RHS Courses are suitable for:
- Those wishing to enter horticultural employment for the first time;
- For those who are already working in horticulture who want to develop their skills;
- And for those who wish to progress to further horticultural study at level 3.
- It is also suitable for those who wish to enter horticulture as a change of career and are seeking the necessary foundation skills.
After completing the RHS Level 2 Diploma you can further complete your RHS Practical Horticulture Skills Level 3.
Other courses that may interest you
- Conservation Water/Wildlife Gardening 5 Week Course
- Garden Design Level 1 Qualification
- Garden Design Level 2 Certificate
- Garden Design Level 3 Diploma
- Herbalism and Plant Medicine Level 2 Course
- Horticulture C&G Level 3 - Technical Diploma in Horticulture
- How to make a Pollinator Garden One Day Workshop
- Introduction to Creating a Cutting Garden Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Growing Veg in your Garden 3 day workshop
- Introduction to Herbalism & Plant Medicine (3 Days Course) NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Craft (Heritage and Traditional Crafts)
- Introduction to Herbalism and Plant Medicine Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Making your own Compost Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Plant Production Intensive 1 day Course
- Introduction to Plant Propagation Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Planting Design Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Pruning at the Right Time Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Soil Health - Understanding the Magic of the Growing Environment 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Sustainable Gardening for the Future Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Tree Identification & Tree Health. How can we care for our trees 1 Day Workshop
- Know Your Garden (formerly A Year in the Garden) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture
- Learning to Garden (formerly Flourish Plus) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture (Professional Pathway) Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Living Soils Professional Continued Professional Development
- Making a Planter for small Veg & Herb growing One Day Workshop
- Night School - Introduction to Houseplants City & Guilds Level 1 Evening Course
- Night School - Macramé for All 5 Week course
- Practical Horticulture and Estates Skills (Hasting Campus) City & Guilds Level 2 Qualification in Horticulture
- RHS Practical - Certificate in Practical Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate