Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry
Certificated by WorkSafe Training
This specially designed programme has been adated from the HSE Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course to meet the needs of people who work within Forestry, Arboriculture or Woodland Management.
The syllabus includes all content from the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course and includes additional subjects likely to be faced by first aiders working a Forestry environments.
The course is recommended by the Forestry Commission and consists of indoor classroom tutorial, demonstrations, group work, case studies, questions and answer sessions.
The course content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work
Additional subject make the course more relevant than the standalone EFAW course and include:
- Falls from height
- Major bleeding and chainsaw injuries
- Crush Injuries
- Suspension trauma
- Lymes disease
Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work in Forestry Operations qualification, valid for 3 years and certificated by WorkSafe Training Systems.
No formal entry requirements
Appropriate clothing and footwear advised
Note paper and pen required
Book a bespoke course for your organisation
We can offer bespoke training courses, tailored to your organisation.
Plumpton College Talent Bank
Are you looking to do an apprenticeship but don’t yet have an employer?
Register with our Apprenticeship Talent Bank Service for up to date information on our latest vacancies and forthcoming apprenticeship events.
Employer with a vacancy?
Do you have a vacancy? - part time, seasonal or full time that isn't an apprenticeship that we can promote to our network?