Night School - Introduction to Houseplants
City & Guilds Level 1 Evening Course
Bring the outdoors inside. Join us for an 8 week introductory course to house plants, where we will delve into house plant selection, care, designs for your space and ongoing management.
- Learn how to identify and select plants for situations in the home based on light levels.
- Develop an understanding of how to present plants in indoor situations
- Take your skills to the next level and learn how to propagate and make plants for free.
- Develop an understanding of the common pests and how to deal with them
This course is ideal for anyone, with no experience necessary from professional interior plantscapers, interior designers or decorators, or home owner who aspires to achieve the very best results using their indoor plants.
This course is part of the One Garden Brighton Night School. You'll be studying alongside others after hours, as our campus becomes a hive of activity for horticultural and environmental learning.
You'll have exclusive access to our gardens and campus after the gates close, a chance to grab a drink or browse the shop before your course starts. You'll study as the sun sets around you in a beautiful setting, with contemporary themed gardens to explore.
|Dates & Location
We will be releasing the dates for the new 23/24 Part Time Programme in the coming weeks for an August/September start. If you wish to receive the latest dates regarding this course when they are released then please click on this link and register your interest.
Stanmer Campus at One Garden Brighton
8 weeks (1 day per week)
Funding subject to eligibility
No experience required.
Stanmer Campus is based within One Garden Brighton, proudly presented and managed by Plumpton College. Based within Stanmer Park, just off the A27, One Garden Brighton is a walled garden, with 12 contemporary themed gardens a destination eatery and retail space. It is Plumpton College's Centre of Excellence for Horticulture Training & Education.
Other courses that may interest you
- Conservation Water/Wildlife Gardening 5 Week Course
- Garden Design Level 2 Certificate
- Garden Design Level 3 Diploma
- Garden Design Level 1 Qualification
- Herbalism and Plant Medicine Level 2 Course
- Horticulture C&G Level 3 - Technical Diploma in Horticulture
- How to make a Pollinator Garden One Day Workshop
- Introduction to Biodynamic Gardening 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Creating a Cutting Garden Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Growing Veg in your Garden 3 day workshop
- Introduction to Herbalism & Plant Medicine (3 Days Course) NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Craft (Heritage and Traditional Crafts)
- Introduction to Herbalism and Plant Medicine Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Making your own Compost Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Plant Production Intensive 1 day Course
- Introduction to Plant Propagation Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Planting Design Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Pruning at the Right Time Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Soil Health - Understanding the Magic of the Growing Environment 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Sustainable Gardening for the Future Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Tree Identification & Tree Health. How can we care for our trees 1 Day Workshop
- Know Your Garden (formerly A Year in the Garden) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture
- Learning to Garden (formerly Flourish Plus) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture (Professional Pathway) Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Living Soils Professional Continued Professional Development
- Making a Planter for small Veg & Herb growing One Day Workshop
- Night School - Macramé for All 5 Week course
- Practical Horticulture and Estates Skills (Hasting Campus) City & Guilds Level 2 Qualification in Horticulture
- RHS Practical - Certificate in Practical Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- RHS Theory - Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate