Level 2 Certificate
Start a career in horticulture and garden design with our level 2 programme
This Level 2 Course will introduce to you the basics of garden design to start a career within horticulture or expand your knowledge for your own personal garden.
You will cover the following units:
- Garden design process
- Graphics and scale drawing
- Planning for Garden design projects
- Plant knowledge
- Plant selection and care
- Plant and soil science
This course is a portfolio based course.
|Dates & Location
9:30 - 16:00
Stanmer Campus - One Garden Brighton
1 day a week
Please note classes do not run during half terms.
This course could be FREE.
If you are unemployed and in receipt of state benefits or working and your income is under £20, 319 you could be entitled to financial support towards the course fees or even study for free.
There are no entry requirements but some previous knowledge of either gardening or art based subjects would be an advantage.
- You will need to purchase a scale ruler, pens, pencils and a compass.
- Steel toed capped boats would be useful for practical work
- Paper will be supplied.
One Garden Brighton
The recent restoration of the walled garden has been managed by Plumpton College. One Garden Brighton is the home of the college’s horticultural centre of excellence, a space for training and education. The campus buildings are nestled within the walls itself and you will see students designing, planting and maintaining the grounds as a showcase for innovation.
One Garden Brighton is place for everyone, a garden made for people. We are a part of our local community; a place to connect, improve wellbeing and discover something new. We support local producers, people and nurture local networks focused on enriching all who visit.
This course is a good introduction to progress onto self employed design work or to undertake the Level 3 Diploma in Garden Design - professional pathway.
Other courses that may interest you
- Conservation Water/Wildlife Gardening 5 Week Course
- Garden Design Level 1 Qualification
- Garden Design Level 3 Diploma
- Herbalism and Plant Medicine Level 2 Course
- Horticulture C&G Level 3 - Technical Diploma in Horticulture
- How to make a Pollinator Garden One Day Workshop
- Introduction to Biodynamic Gardening 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Creating a Cutting Garden Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Growing Veg in your Garden 3 day workshop
- Introduction to Herbalism & Plant Medicine (3 Days Course) NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Craft (Heritage and Traditional Crafts)
- Introduction to Herbalism and Plant Medicine Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Making your own Compost Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Plant Production Intensive 1 day Course
- Introduction to Plant Propagation Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Planting Design Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Pruning at the Right Time Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Soil Health - Understanding the Magic of the Growing Environment 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Sustainable Gardening for the Future Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Tree Identification & Tree Health. How can we care for our trees 1 Day Workshop
- Know Your Garden (formerly A Year in the Garden) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture
- Learning to Garden (formerly Flourish Plus) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture (Professional Pathway) Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Living Soils Professional Continued Professional Development
- Making a Planter for small Veg & Herb growing One Day Workshop
- Night School - Introduction to Houseplants City & Guilds Level 1 Evening Course
- Night School - Macramé for All 5 Week course
- Practical Horticulture and Estates Skills (Hasting Campus) City & Guilds Level 2 Qualification in Horticulture
- RHS Practical - Certificate in Practical Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- RHS Theory - Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate