Discover our horticulture courses
If you’re thinking about horticulture, it’s certainly one of the biggest industries in the land-based sector. In fact it’s the only one that links the UK’s climate to art, craft, nature and science.
Perhaps you’ve enjoyed studying one of these subjects at school, or you’re looking to take a degree or higher level course. Alternatively you may already be working in the industry and be looking to extend your current skills, or even learn some new ones. We have an excellent range of courses for you to enjoy and discover at Plumpton that will fit in with your life, while at the same time challenge you.
Short Courses and Bespoke
- Paving Slabs and Block Paving One day course
- Computer Aided Design Course 2 - Vectorworks
- Computer Aided Design Course 3 - Vectorworks
- Garden Design Taster Day
- Garden Design Three Garden visits, planting design and plans
- Garden Design Two Practical - surveying your garden and planting design
- Garden Design Professional Diploma
- Basic Brickwork One day course
- Further Brickwork One day course
- Garden Fencing One day course
- Wood Working for Landscapers One day course
- Garden Design One Design Principles
- Computer Aided Design Course 1 Vectorworks
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Flourish) City & Guilds level 1 Award
- Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds level 2 Diploma
- Drawing Course for Garden Designers Plumpton College Certificate
- Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters City & Guilds NPTC Level 2
- Practical Horticulture Skills (Garden Design) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture Skills RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture (Stanmer) RHS Level 3 Certificate
- Practical Horticulture (Stanmer) City & Guilds level 1 Certificate
- An Introduction to Drawing Plants and Flowers Plumpton College Certificate
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.