Discover our horticulture courses
If you’re thinking about horticulture, it’s certainly one of the biggest industries in the land-based sector. In fact it’s the only one that links the UK’s climate to art, craft, nature and science.
Perhaps you’ve enjoyed studying one of these subjects at school, or you’re looking to take a degree or higher level course. Alternatively you may already be working in the industry and be looking to extend your current skills, or even learn some new ones. We have an excellent range of courses for you to enjoy and discover at Plumpton that will fit in with your life, while at the same time challenge you.
Our Part time courses will continue next academic year with a comprehensive collection of Horticulture, Garden Design and Landscape options. Look out for the full suite of RHS Diplomas, C&G Practical Diploma, and some exciting new Garden Design and Hard landscaping opportunities.
- Advanced Golf Greenkeeper Apprenticeship Level 3
- Conservation Water/Wildlife Gardening 5 Week Course
- Crop Technician (Market Garden) Apprenticeship Level 3
- FdSc Sustainable Horticulture Management FdSc | validated by the University of Greenwich
- Garden Design Level 1 Qualification
- Garden Design Level 2 Certificate
- Garden Design Level 3 Diploma
- Golf Greenkeeper Apprenticeship Level 2
- Grow in the Garden (formerly Wellbeing Through Horticulture) City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Horticulture
- Herbalism and Plant Medicine Level 2 Course
- Horticulture C&G Level 3 - Technical Diploma in Horticulture
- Horticulture City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma
- Horticulture Level 1 | 14-16 Course
- Horticulture Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Horticulture
- Horticulture or Landscape Construction Operative Apprenticeship Level 2
- Horticulture Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3
- Introduction to Biodynamic Gardening 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Creating a Cutting Garden Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Edibles in the Domestic Garden Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Environmental Sustainability Level 1 Plumpton College Certificate Evening Course
- Introduction to Growing Veg in your Garden - Practical Day 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Herbalism & Plant Medicine (3 Days Course) NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Craft (Heritage and Traditional Crafts)
- Introduction to Herbalism and Plant Medicine Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Making your own Compost Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Plant Production Intensive 1 day Course
- Introduction to Plant Propagation Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Planting Design Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Pruning at the Right Time Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Sketch Up One day course
- Introduction to Soil Health - Understanding the Magic of the Growing Environment 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Sustainable Gardening for the Future Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Tree Identification & Tree Health. How can we care for our trees 1 Day Workshop
- Know Your Garden (formerly A Year in the Garden) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Landscaping City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Learning to Garden (formerly Flourish Plus) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture (Professional Pathway) Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Making Sparkling Wine and Sparkling Apple Cider at home Six Week Evening Course
- Night School - Introduction to Houseplants City & Guilds Level 1 Evening Course
- Night School - Macramé for All 5 Week course
- Practical Horticulture City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
- Production Horticulture Level 2
- RHS Practical - Certificate in Practical Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- RHS Theory - Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace NCFE L2 Certificate (Free Online Course)
Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.
Developing New Horticulture Courses at Plumpton College
There has never been a better time to study Horticulture.
At Plumpton College, we are always looking for ways to develop and introduce new courses that are up to date with the current environment. Within Horticulture we would like to create and develop a range of new courses with you in mind.
So, if you can't quite find the course you want to study within our current course selection, we would like to hear your suggestions on what you would like to study and why. Please submit your suggestion in the form below
Grow your career at plumpton college
In collaboration with East Sussex County Council, we have embedded the development of maths skills to improve numeracy at work and in everyday life in several land-based subjects and careers.
Adults over 19 years of age and without a Level 2 qualification (GCSE or Functional Skills) in maths will be eligible.