Discover our horticulture courses
If you’re thinking about horticulture, it’s certainly one of the biggest industries in the land-based sector. In fact it’s the only one that links the UK’s climate to art, craft, nature and science.
Perhaps you’ve enjoyed studying one of these subjects at school, or you’re looking to take a degree or higher level course. Alternatively you may already be working in the industry and be looking to extend your current skills, or even learn some new ones. We have an excellent range of courses for you to enjoy and discover at Plumpton that will fit in with your life, while at the same time challenge you.
Our Part time courses will continue next academic year with a comprehensive collection of Horticulture, Garden Design and Landscape options. Look out for the full suite of RHS Diplomas, C&G Practical Diploma, and some exciting new Garden Design and Hard landscaping opportunities.
- Advanced Technical Diploma in Horticulture (Viticulture) Level 3
- Certificate in Employability Skills (Horticulture Focus) Level 2
- Hard Landscaping Level 2
- Horticulture C&G Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Horticulture (1080)
- Horticulture Level 1
- Horticulture Level 2 Technical Certificate
Part Time Courses
- City & Guilds Practical Horticultural Skills (Flourish) City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- City & Guilds Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- City & Guilds Practical Horticulture Skills City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate
- Create a Hanging Herb Garden 1 Day Course
- Create a Prairie in a Pot 1 Day Course
- Garden Design - An introduction to Planting & Garden Design 1 Day Course
- Garden Design - The Principles and Practices Level 3 Certificate
- Garden Design Diploma (Professional Pathway) Level 3
- Landscape Construction Level 3 Certificate
- RHS Practical Horticulture Skills RHS Level 2 Certificate
- RHS Practical Horticulture Skills RHS Level 3 Certificate
- RHS Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance RHS Level 2 Certificate
- RHS Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development RHS Level 2 Certificate
Our horticulture facilities at Plumpton are pretty impressive. In fact you’ll get to experience one of the finest natural locations in the country, perfect for developing your creativity. Whether indoors or outdoors, you’ll be able to build your skills in an excellent environment.
- Discover our extensively planted areas on-site at Plumpton
As you build your knowledge, you’ll be able to gain a wide experience of being able to identify and maintain different plants.
- Experience our endangered plant collections at first hand
You’ll be able to experience our Black Poplars and National collection of Hebes, in addition to our endangered plant network connection with Kew Gardens.
- Grow plants all year round here
We’ve got an excellent large area under glass where you’ll be able to grow plants without the risk of the weather, up to a commercial level.
- Build even more skills at Plumpton
You’ll be able to develop your brickwork skills and paving at our large landscaping centre.