Introduction to Herbalism & Plant Medicine (3 Days Course)
NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Craft (Heritage and Traditional Crafts)
Julia Behrens, a Medicinal Herbalist, has been practicing and teaching medicinal herbalism for over 20 years. As a published author, she also advises GPs and patients on harnessing nature's science for their health. Julia feels strongly that the environment has an enormous impact on your health and looks forward to sharing information about the medicinal properties of plants from the sea and land to promote natural ways of living.
Julia makes many of her herbal preparations and uses herbs from organic, sustainable, and traceable sources as far as possible.
James, a horticulture tutor for 15 years, holds a degree in medicinal horticulture. He currently teaches horticulture to adults as well as managing a plant nursery. James’ interests focus upon growing essential oil crops and the pharmacology of plant based alkaloids.
This course combines horticulture and growing with the benefits of traditional natural remedies and herbs.
Day 1 will be understanding the morphology of plants and how you can identify them. There will be a focus on plant identification keys and the basic life cycles of plants that help us understand when to harvest. You will spend the following 2 days learning how herbs support our health so you can add them to your everyday medicine cabinet. It will be a hands-on course that will give you the knowledge to harvest and create tinctures and herbal remedies tailored to specific ailments.
|Dates & Location
If you wish to receive the latest dates regarding this course when they are released then please click on this link and register your interest
(3 consecutive Fridays)
One Garden Brighton - Stanmer Park
10:00 - 15:00
No Entry Requirements needed for this course.
Other courses that may interest you
- Conservation Water/Wildlife Gardening 5 Week Course
- Garden Design Level 2 Certificate
- Garden Design Level 3 Diploma
- Garden Design Level 1 Qualification
- Herbalism and Plant Medicine Level 2 Course
- Horticulture C&G Level 3 - Technical Diploma in Horticulture
- How to make a Pollinator Garden One Day Workshop
- Introduction to Creating a Cutting Garden Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Growing Veg in your Garden 3 day workshop
- Introduction to Herbalism and Plant Medicine Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Making your own Compost Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Plant Production Intensive 1 day Course
- Introduction to Plant Propagation Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Planting Design Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Pruning at the Right Time Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Soil Health - Understanding the Magic of the Growing Environment 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Sustainable Gardening for the Future Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Tree Identification & Tree Health. How can we care for our trees 1 Day Workshop
- Know Your Garden (formerly A Year in the Garden) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture
- Learning to Garden (formerly Flourish Plus) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture (Professional Pathway) Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Living Soils Professional Continued Professional Development
- Making a Planter for small Veg & Herb growing One Day Workshop
- Night School - Introduction to Houseplants City & Guilds Level 1 Evening Course
- Night School - Macramé for All 5 Week course
- Practical Horticulture and Estates Skills (Hasting Campus) City & Guilds Level 2 Qualification in Horticulture
- RHS Practical - Certificate in Practical Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate
- RHS Theory - Principles of Horticulture RHS Level 2 Certificate