Wine Sales & Social Responsibility
Continued Professional Development
These courses are an exciting new opportunity for those in the wine industry to upskill by refreshing knowledge or learning new skills.
This course focuses on the effects of alcohol on both the individual and society as a whole. You will examine the themes of social responsibility in regards to alcohol, alongside various measures certain governments and business organisations take to promote responsible drinking. Alongside this you will learn a number of sales techniques that will allow you to sell wine better, and ethically, across various distribution channels.
- The effects of alcohol on the health of the human body
- Alcoholism and responsible drinking
- The impact of alcohol on society, including prohibition, political guidance and corporate social responsibility
- Promotion and advertising of alcoholic products
- Import regulations and shipping procedures
- Wine labelling regulation
- Costing, pricing and margin construction
- Types of wine sales including retail, business to business, online, etc…
- Techniques for effective wine sales
|Dates & Location||
Tuesday, 9:00 - 11:45am
Week commencing: 29th January 2024 - 20th May 2024
Apply by: 19th January 2024
Completion of each course will equal to 15 UCAS points.
- GCSE Mathematics at grade 4 or above (grade C or above under the A*-G system)
- GCSE English at grade 4 or above (grade C or above under the A*-G system)
The following qualifications are recommended prior to applying:
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (Pass)
- Level 3 qualification such as A Level (two subjects)
- BTEC Extended Diploma (MPP)
- Access to HE in a related subject
We also consider applicants with relevant industry experience if over 21 years of age.
Students with English as a second language will be required to have gained IELTS at 6.5 overall with 6.0 in Writing.
Applicants wishing to progress onto an undergraduate course would need to meet the minimum entry criteria for that specific course which typically includes a Level 3 qualification with UCAS Tariff points (56 points and above).
Other courses that may interest you
- English Wine & Tourism Continued Professional Development
- Food & Wine Continued Professional Development
- Principles of Wine Business 3 Day Course
- Sparkling Wine Production Continued Professional Development
- Vine Nutrition Online Course WineSkills Online Workshop
- Wine Component Analysis Continued Professional Development
- Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine Faults One day course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking Three Day Course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking One Day Theory Workshop
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wine WSET Level 2 Award