Three Day Course
Would you like to learn more about the sparkling wine process?
The aims of this intensive and technical three day course are to provide a good level of knowledge and skills in traditional method sparkling winemaking to those who are making and selling sparkling wine.
Day one of the course:
- Introduces the winemaking theory relating to the key winery operations: tirage, secondary fermentation, disgorging and dosage.
Day two of the course:
- Focuses on the start of the secondary fermentation in greater detail, and will involve practical activity related to tirage, including the preparation of cultures and adjuvants.
Day three of the course:
- Will complete the range of operations specific to sparkling wine with practicals and demonstrations associated with disgorging and dosage.
Day 1 (Theory)
- Tirage and secondary fermentation
- Maturation and lees aging
- Riddling and disgorging
Day 2. (Practical)
- Yeast culture preparation
- Use of adjuvants
- The bottling process
Day 3 (Practical)
- Preparing liquer d'expedition
- Dosage trials
- Riddling - use of gyropalletes and pupitres
- Disgorging process
The course ends with a 15-minute multiple-choice exam
The theory day of this course can be completed separately as a standalone course. Please see below for details on how to book and cost.
This course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in the subject
The session includes practical activity and requires students to bring:
|Dates & Location:||
9.15 - 16.15
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
Full 3 day course
£465 (Full 3-day course)
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.