Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine Faults
One day course
What are the common wine faults, how are they identified, what are their causes and how are they corrected?
WineGB’s Training and Education survey ranked sensory evaluation within the top training needs, reflecting the increasing number of English and Welsh wines entering the market.
It is invaluable to be able to spot wine faults and understand why they occur.
This course will bring you the theory of specific wine faults, including a practical application through a tutored tasting.
You will examine faults and their underlying causes, as well as learning the winemaking techniques, and/or storage conditions, to prevent and correct the faults
Learn to identify faults and taints, and their underlying causes in wines.
Apply these skills to a winetasting guided by professional winemaker and wine lecturer, Sarah Midgley.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Describe off flavours and aromas in wine
- Define specific faults in wine including: Brettanomyces, volatile acidity, light strike, TCA, reduction and oxidation
- Understand the underlying causes of common wine faults
- Suggest preventative measures against common wine faults
- Recommend corrective actions for faulty wines
- Assess finished wines for faults
|Dates & Location||
22nd January, 2024 (Monday)
One Day Course
Wine Centre - Plumpton College Campus
9:00 – 16:15
Over 18 years old
Other courses that may interest you
- English Wine & Tourism Continued Professional Development
- Food & Wine Continued Professional Development
- Principles of Wine Business 3 Day Course
- Sparkling Wine Production Continued Professional Development
- Vine Nutrition Online Course WineSkills Online Workshop
- Wine Component Analysis Continued Professional Development
- Wine Sales & Social Responsibility Continued Professional Development
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking Three Day Course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking One Day Theory Workshop
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wine WSET Level 2 Award