Intensive 1 week course
The aims of this one week intensive course are to provide a good level of knowledge and understanding of vinegrowing (viticulture) to those who wish to start growing grapes, work in a vineyard, enter the wine trade, or have a strong interest in the world of wine.
During the course, vine growing theory is introduced in the morning classroom session, then put into practice during the afternoon session in the vineyard.
It is based on the seven-day Principles of Vinegrowing course, and allows a good understanding of vineyard activities over a short, intense, period of time.
- Evaluating and improving vineyard sites;
- Selecting vine varieties and rootstocks;
- Winter pruning;
- Vine propagation and nutrition;
- Planting and trellising vines,
- Vineyard floor management and sustainable viticulture,
- Vineyard pest and disease management,
- Canopy management.
The course ends with a 30-minute multiple-choice test.
The theory sessions for this course will delivered in the mornings at the Plumpton College Wine Centre classrooms, and the practical session in the afternoons at Plumpton Estate vineyards, which are situated near Scaynes Hill, 8 miles north of Plumpton College.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
This course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in the subject.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 28th August - 1st September 2018
Time: 09.15- 17:00
Location: Plumpton College
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Blending and Tirage WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Canopy Management WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Grapes, Ferment and Malolactic Management WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- How to make more money by selling direct WineSkills Masterclass with Justin Howard Sneyd MW
- Introduction to Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Practical vineyard skills WineSkills
- Protecting Your Vines from Downy Mildew - with Dr Peter Spencer-Philips & Chris Cooper WineSkills Masterclass
- Pruning to Maximise Fruit Quality & Vine Health WineSkills Masterclass with Dr Alain Deloire
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Disease Management WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wine Sensory Evaluation WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma