Food & Wine
Continued Professional Development
These courses are an exciting new opportunity for those in the wine industry to upskill by refreshing knowledge or learning new skills.
This course aims to provide students with the knowledge and understanding of wine’s relationship to the UK on-trade industry. You will analyse the key on-trade channels for wine and how products are successfully listed and marketed in bars, hotels and restaurants. The course will also include a number of practical exercises to investigate the principles of food and wine matching.
- Practical exercises to investigate the principles of food and wine matching
- Types of on-trade business; including bars, hotels and restaurants
- Wine list design, including pricing and range of wines and styles offered
- How consumers interact with wine lists
- The principles of food and wine matching; textures, weights and intensities - saltiness, acidity, sweetness, bitterness & umami
- Food and wine matching practical sessions
|Dates & Location||
Thursday, 1:15 - 4:00pm
Week commencing: 29th January 2024 - 20th May 2024
Apply by: 19th January 2024
Completion of each course will equal to 15 UCAS points.
- GCSE Mathematics at grade 4 or above (grade C or above under the A*-G system)
- GCSE English at grade 4 or above (grade C or above under the A*-G system)
The following qualifications are recommended prior to applying:
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (Pass)
- Level 3 qualification such as A Level (two subjects)
- BTEC Extended Diploma (MPP)
- Access to HE in a related subject
We also consider applicants with relevant industry experience if over 21 years of age.
Students with English as a second language will be required to have gained IELTS at 6.5 overall with 6.0 in Writing.
Applicants wishing to progress onto an undergraduate course would need to meet the minimum entry criteria for that specific course which typically includes a Level 3 qualification with UCAS Tariff points (56 points and above).
Other courses that may interest you
- English Wine & Tourism Continued Professional Development
- Principles of Wine Business 3 Day Course
- Sparkling Wine Production Continued Professional Development
- Vine Nutrition Online Course WineSkills Online Workshop
- Wine Component Analysis Continued Professional Development
- Wine Sales & Social Responsibility Continued Professional Development
- Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine Faults One day course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking Three Day Course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking One Day Theory Workshop
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wine WSET Level 2 Award