Wine Component Analysis
Continued Professional Development
These courses are an exciting new opportunity for those in the wine industry to upskill by refreshing knowledge or learning new skills.
This course explores and assesses the major components found in commercial wines, whilst also introducing the basics of sensory perception. The aim is to become comfortable recognising common wine components, aromas and flavours, including some key faults.
- The basic anatomy and physiology of the sense organs in humans relevant to wine evaluation
- Training exercises to teach the recognition and evaluation of the intensity of key components found in wine
- A series of exercises exploring wine description, wine profiling and wine scoring
- Profiling the key aromas found in commercial wine styles
- Wine faults, including oxidation, taints and instabilities
|Dates & Location||
Friday, 1:15 - 4:00pm
Week commencing: 29th January 2024 - 20th May 2024
Apply by: 19th January 2024
Completion of each course will equal to 15 UCAS points.
- GCSE Mathematics at grade 4 or above (grade C or above under the A*-G system)
- GCSE English at grade 4 or above (grade C or above under the A*-G system)
The following qualifications are recommended prior to applying:
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines (Pass)
- Level 3 qualification such as A Level (two subjects)
- BTEC Extended Diploma (MPP)
- Access to HE in a related subject
We also consider applicants with relevant industry experience if over 21 years of age.
Students with English as a second language will be required to have gained IELTS at 6.5 overall with 6.0 in Writing.
Applicants wishing to progress onto an undergraduate course would need to meet the minimum entry criteria for that specific course which typically includes a Level 3 qualification with UCAS Tariff points (56 points and above).
Other courses that may interest you
- English Wine & Tourism Continued Professional Development
- Food & Wine Continued Professional Development
- Principles of Wine Business 3 Day Course
- Sparkling Wine Production Continued Professional Development
- Vine Nutrition Online Course WineSkills Online Workshop
- Wine Sales & Social Responsibility Continued Professional Development
- Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine Faults One day course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking Three Day Course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking One Day Theory Workshop
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wine WSET Level 2 Award