Vine Nutrition Online Course
WineSkills Online Workshop
This is remote access video of a WineSkills workshop. Students will be able follow the lecture elements by watching the video and reading a PDF copy of the course materials.
The first part of this workshop will enable you to recognise the different features of soil fertility & health. Then, through the evaluation of practical methods for measuring vine nutritional requirements, this session will enable you to design an effective and sustainable vine nutrition strategy.
This course is particularly suitable for vineyard managers and senior vineyard staff, as well as people interested in this key area of viticultural science.
An evaluation of the use of:
- Soil analysis
- Nutrient replacement
- Petiole, leaf and sap analysis
- Plant observation
Use and application of:
- Organic matter
- Mineral fertilisers
- Green manure
- Relationship between vine nutrition and soil type
|Dates & Location|| |
Remote - Our IT department will require a maximum of 2 days to provide you access to the video.
Course Fee £155
WineSkills workshops are best suited for people who have completed the Principles of Vinegrowing programme and/or have commercial vineyard experience.
This online video requires access to computer and broadband connection
You can be assured that in choosing Plumpton, you'll be studying in the heart of the South East of England's dynamic wine production industry and benefiting from our close proximity to the London wine trade. We manage 10 hectares of vineyards here - producing about 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wine each year.
At our Plumpton Wine Centre, you'll discover our outstanding purpose-built facility consisting of a commercial winery, laboratories, research winery plus a wine sensory evaluation room for you to use throughout your studies.
You will develop valuable vocational skills during this programme. Gaining a good depth of knowledge combined with strong practical vineyard and winery skills, you’ll have lots of opportunities to choose from after graduating. You could become a vineyard manager or winemaker either in the UK or in one of the other wine-producing countries across the globe or establish your own vineyard or winery. Plumpton graduates are now actively involved in the wine industry throughout Europe and in Australasia, South Africa, Canada and the USA.
Other courses that may interest you
- English Wine & Tourism Continued Professional Development
- Food & Wine Continued Professional Development
- Principles of Wine Business 3 Day Course
- Sparkling Wine Production Continued Professional Development
- Wine Component Analysis Continued Professional Development
- Wine Sales & Social Responsibility Continued Professional Development
- Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine Faults One day course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking Three Day Course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking One Day Theory Workshop
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wine WSET Level 2 Award