One day course
What are the common wine faults, how are they identified, what are their causes and how are they corrected?
WineGB’s recent Training and Education survey ranked sensory evaluation within the top training needs, reflecting the increasing number of English and Welsh wines entering the market.
It is invaluable to be able to spot wine faults and understand why they occur.
This course will bring you the theory of sensory analysis, with a focus on wine faults, followed by a practical application through a tutored tasting.
You will examine faults and their underlying causes, as well as learning the winemaking techniques to prevent and correct the faults.
Learn to identify faults and taints and the underlying causes in wines.
Undertake expert sensory training with Plumpton Colleges’ sensory analysis expert Dr Heber Rodrigues and then apply these skills to a winetasting guided by professional winemaker Tony Milanowski (Rathfinny Wine Estate winery manager).
- By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Describe off flavours and aromas in wine
- Define specific faults in wine including: Brettanomyces, volatile acidity, light strike, TCA, reduction and oxidation
- Understand the underlying causes of common wine faults
- Suggest preventative measures against common wine faults
- Recommend corrective actions for faulty wines
- Assess finished wines for faults
Over 18 years old
|Dates & Location:||
Bolney Wine Estate, Foxhole Lane, Bolney, Haywards Heath RH17 5NB
9:30 – 16:00
£95 - lunch included (any dietary requirements to be communicated at least one week in advance of event)
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine Faults.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.