PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle
This course will cover legislation, preparation and maintenance of the sprayer, as well as nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation.
The training will based on the use of a tractor mounted Boom Sprayer.
- Legal requirements
- Environmental risks
- Understanding the label
- Set up and efficiency of air system
- Applicator controls and components
- Preparation of prime mover and equipment
- Safe driving
- Nozzle identification/ uses
- Mechanical defects
- Measuring and mixing pesticides
- Sprayer application
- Completion of application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Wellington or full length water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Notepad and Pen
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
To avoid disappointment early booking is advised.
|Dates & Location||
Please click here to view dates for 2023.
Lewes Campus - Plumpton
08:30 - 16:00
2 days training plus a separate assessment day
Total Fees: £565
Tuition fee: £355 / Assessment fee: £210