Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
This course will cover legislation, preparation and maintenance of the sprayer, as well as nozzle selection, calibration and safe operation. The training will based on the use of a tractor mounted Air Assisted Sprayer.
- Legal requirements
- Environmental risks
- Understanding the label
- Set up and efficiency of air system
- Applicator controls and components
- Preparation of prime mover and equipment
- Safe driving
- Nozzle identification/ uses
- Mechanical defects
- Measuring and mixing pesticides
- Sprayer application
- Completion of application record sheets
- Cleaning and storage procedures
- Coveralls; type 3,4 or 5 & 6 as per code of practice
- Face shield; full face protection
- Nitrile gloves (minimum of 0.5mm thickness and 300mm long) as per code of practice
- Wellington or full length water repellent boots with a good grip and must have steel toe cap
- Calculator (not on a mobile phone)
- Stop watch
- Notepad and Pen
Please do not delay your booking – to guarantee your place, please book 2 weeks in advance of course date
PA1 – As this is a short and very intense course, we cannot include tractor driving training. Therefore candidates for this application unit must either hold a tractor driving certificate or be a regular and competent tractor driver.
|Dates & Location:||
Click on "Apply Now" to view the dates
Time: 9:00 - 17:00
Location: Rock Lodge Vineyard RH17 7NG – Plumpton College
1 day plus a separate assessment
Assessment Fee: £182
Tuition Fee: £250
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.