This is the foundation module that places a strong emphasis upon using pesticides safely.
This course will cover legislation, necessary precautions, storage, record keeping and environmental protection. Successful completion is a condition of entry for other pesticide modules.
Please note that this course has a £88.50 mandatory exam fee.
- Personal safety and contamination
- Pesticide & Container Storage
- Record keeping
- Label information
- Operator responsibilities
- Container and packaging disposal
- Environmental and wildlife consideration
- Emergency procedures
- Note pad and pen
Course reference: PEP001
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Monday 10th September 2018
Monday 8th October 2018
Monday 5th November 2018
Monday 3rd December 2018
1 day plus a separate assessment
£217 (including mandatory exam fee).
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Competence in the Safe and Responsible Use of Veterinary Medicines NPTC Level 2
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC Award
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators NPTC
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course