PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators
This course will enable candidates to prepare and apply slug pellets using a using a mounted or trialled applicator.
- Environmental risks assessments
- Slug pellets and the dangers to water
- Understanding the label
- Preparation of applicator for use
- Weighing the pellets
- Safe Driving
- Filling the applicator
- Safe application
- Cleaning and storage
- Pesticide application record
|Dates & Location
We will be releasing the dates for the new 23/24 Part Time Programme in the coming weeks for a August/September start. If you wish to receive the latest dates regarding this course when they are released then please click on this link and register your interest.
1 day plus an assessment day.
£200 tuition plus £193.50 assessment fee.
PA1 - As this is a short and very intense course, we cannot include tractor driving training. Therefore candidates for this unit must either hold a tractor driving certificate or be a regular and competent tractor driver.
Other courses that may interest you
- Agriculture Habitat Management 7 Week Course
- Awareness of Integrated Weed Management Lantra One day course
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Lambing Practical One day course
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC
- PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- ROLO (Register of Land Based Operatives) Health & Safety Awareness One day course
- Rough Terrain Telescopic Lift Truck for Experienced Operators LANTRA
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners Three day course
- Tractor Driving LANTRA
- Tractor Driving for Absolute Beginners 2 Day Course
- Two Week Intensive Grounds Course (TWIG) Two Week Course