This course will enable candidates to prepare and apply slug pellets using a using a mounted or trialled applicator.
- Environmental risks assessments
- Slug pellets and the dangers to water
- Understanding the label
- Preparation of applicator for use
- Weighing the pellets
- Safe Driving
- Filling the applicator
- Safe application
- Cleaning and storage
- Pesticide application record
|Entry Requirements:|| |
PA1 - As this is a short and very intense course, we cannot include tractor driving training. Therefore candidates for this unit must either hold a tractor driving certificate or be a regular and competent tractor driver.
|Dates & Location:|| |
1 day plus a assessment day.
£200 tuition plus £193.50 assessment fee.
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Competence in the Safe and Responsible Use of Veterinary Medicines NPTC Level 2
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC Level 2
- PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC Award
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course