ROLO (Register of Land Based Operatives) Health & Safety Awareness
One day course
This one-day course is an introductory health and safety qualification and a prerequisite to obtaining a LISS/CSCS card. Certification is awarded through BALI (British Association of Landscape Industries)
This course will enable the participant understand their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work act, reduce accidents at work and raise safety standard in their related industries.
This course is suitable for anyone working in the land-based sector – for example forestry & arboriculture, horticulture/ landscape/grounds industries and conservation.
This course will provide the user with the core knowledge required to enter the Register (BALI)
What will be covered in the course:
- Accident reporting and RIDDOR
- Course outline:
- Health & Safety Management
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Personal protective equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Site hazards & safety
- Accident prevention
- Fire prevention
- Occupational health
At the end of the training you will be required to take a multiple-choice paper-based exam and on successful completion you will receive a certificate from BALI & be placed on the Register of Land Based Operatives.
The pass mark required is 75%
How long does my certificate last?
Certificates are valid for five years, but applicants must ensure the course has been completed within the last two years when applying for a LISS/CSCS SmartCard. Before the five years runs out, the relevant refresher course can be completed
|Dates & Location||
We will be releasing the dates for the new 23/24 Part Time Programme in the coming weeks for a August/September start. If you wish to receive the latest dates regarding this course when they are released then please click on this link and register your interest.
£150 per person
Booking for more than 8 people? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will organise a group booking / discount for you.
Would you like this course delivered at your place of work? We are happy to come and deliver this training for 8 or more employees at your place of work, please email email@example.com and we will organise this for you.
Other courses that may interest you
- Awareness of Integrated Weed Management Lantra One day course
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Basic and Improvers Course British Beekeepers Association
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Lambing Practical One day course
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC
- PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators NPTC
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Rough Terrain Telescopic Lift Truck for Experienced Operators LANTRA
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Tractor Driving LANTRA
- Tractor Driving for Absolute Beginners 2 Day Course
- Two Week Intensive Grounds Course (TWIG) Two Week Course