Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice
NPTC Level 2 Award
This course is for those who applies pesticides to control Rats and Mice. It will prepare you to take the City & Guilds NPTC assessment.
- Legislative requirements and Codes of Practice relating to the use of rodenticides to control rats and mice
- Relevance of product label information
- Risks of human contamination and implement emergency procedures
- How to store and transport rodenticide products safely
- How to manage and dispose of surplus rodenticide and waste materials
- Record keeping requirements
- How to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures
- Environmental factors relating to application
- Characteristics of rats and mice and their impact on the environment
- Methods of preventative management and control for rats and mice
- Site surveys
Application of rodenticide products safely
- Note pad and pen
Course reference: PEP004
|Dates & Location||
We will be releasing the dates for the new 23/24 Part Time Programme in the coming weeks for a August/September start. If you wish to receive the latest dates regarding this course when they are released then please click on this link and register your interest.
9:00 - 15:00
1 day plus a separate assessment day
£130 plus a £115 mandatory exam fee.
There are no entry requirements for this course.