NPTC Level 2 Award
This course is for those who applies pesticides to control Rats and Mice. It will prepare you to take the City & Guilds NPTC assessment.
- Legislative requirements and Codes of Practice relating to the use of rodenticides to control rats and mice
- Relevance of product label information
- Risks of human contamination and implement emergency procedures
- How to store and transport rodenticide products safely
- How to manage and dispose of surplus rodenticide and waste materials
- Record keeping requirements
- How to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures
- Environmental factors relating to application
- Characteristics of rats and mice and their impact on the environment
- Methods of preventative management and control for rats and mice
- Site surveys
Application of rodenticide products safely
- Note pad and pen
Course reference: PEP004
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Tuesday 28th March 2017
This course runs from 9:00 - 17:00.
£130.00 plus a £115 mandatory exam fee.
*please note NPTC registration fees will increase from 1st April 2017*
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Calf Handling Practical course
- Food Smoking Half day course
- Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle (PA2) NPTC Award
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Keeping Laying Hens at Home One day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- Managing a Beef Herd One day course
- PA3 - Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A - Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Pig Handling Half day course
- Practical Lamb Butchery Two day course
- Practical Pork Butchery Two day course
- Practical Venison Butchery in a day One day course
- Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1) NPTC Award
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sausage Making Half day course
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course
- Welfare of Poultry at the Time of Killing One day course