Plumpton College Certificate
This is a one-day course in basic chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting techniques for anyone using a chainsaw on their own land.
- Health and Safety – Protective clothing
- Chainsaw maintenance – including refuelling, air filter cleaning and sharpening the chain.
- Setting the saw for work
- Cross cutting cord wood
- Re-sharpening the chain
- Storing the saw in clean and safe condition
The following protective clothing will be required:
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type C all round leg protection for arborists working in the tree and occasional users such as those working in agriculture (This is recommended for both Maintenance and Felling courses)
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection To BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap - EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
You must be over the age of 18 to complete this course.
|Dates & Location:||
Click Apply Now to view dates
Time: 09:00- 17:00
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.