Introduction to Welding
Plumpton College Certificate
Expand your skills in welding and considor starting a new career journey
This course will give you a taster of three of the main welding processes used today;
- Tungsten inert gas (TIG)
- Metal Inert Gas (MIG)
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA)
- Hands on use of welding equipment to learn Basic welding skills and techniques.
- A good basic knowledge of the welding plant used for welding processes. M.I.G., T.I.G., and MMA.
- A good basic knowledge on health & safety practice as related welding.
This is an industry compliant workshop, where you will be learning on welding equipment as used in industry.
|Dates & Location||
11th November, 2023 - 25th November, 2023 (Saturdays) - Fully Booked
9.00 - 17.00
Plumpton College Campus
3 consecutive Saturdays
There are no entry requirements for this course.
You will need to bring your own personal protective equipment such as;
- Steel toecap boots,
- Heat resistant overalls,
- Googles/eye protection.
- Also bring a note book and pen to take notes as required.
Welding Gauntlets and EW welding helmets are provided.
Other courses that may interest you
- Beginners Metalsmithing Plumpton College Certificate
- Introductory Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Welding Experience Day One Day Workshop