Plumpton College Certificate
Experience the ancient craft of Blacksmithing, with our challenging and engaging intermediate forging evening course.
Learn the dynamic 3000 year old techniques of forging, forming, cutting and joining, in a differentiated learning environment, where you will feel hot metal moving rapidly under your hammer.
Students will learn
- Fire management,
- Heat treatment of steel,
- Tool making,
- The creation of decorative artefacts.
All at their own pace, in a well equipped modern forge on-site at Plumpton College.
Upon completion there will be opportunities to progress to more advanced courses which will enhance your skill sets to the level of your choosing.
The course will run for 8 x 2 hour sessions.
You will be required to provide some of your own personal protective equipment which will consist of:
- Steel toe cap boots,
- Full-length cotton or canvas trousers,
- Old clothes would be preferable.
Impact-resistant safety specs and disposable earplugs will be provided.
Please do not delay your booking – to guarantee your place, please book 2 weeks in advance of the course date
Course reference: BLP001
|Dates & Location||
1st November, 2023 - 13th December, 2023 (Wednesdays)
If you are unable to attend the dates above then please click on this link and register your interest in our Spring Programme.
18:00 - 20:00
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
We recommend that you have blacksmithing or metal crafting experience prior to beginning the course.
Other courses that may interest you
- Introduction to Welding Plumpton College Certificate
- Introductory Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Introductory Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding City & Guilds Level 1 Award
- Welding Experience Day One Day Workshop