This 2- day programme is designed for those riders who need to prepare for their BHS stage 2 Care exam. The course will be delivered by one of our highly experienced and qualified staff who will also be able to advise and guide you as you progress. They will also be able to sign off your practical log books as appropriate.
- Know the role, rights and responsibilities of an Assistant Groom
- Be able to fit tack and boots on a horse
- Be able to prepare a hore to travel
- Know about horse behaviour
- Understand how to feed horses
- Understand basic horse anatomy
- Know about horse fitness
- Know how to maintain a horses's health
- Be able to prepare a horse for presentation
- Understand how to care for horses' feet
- Understand the environment for keeping horses
- Lungeing Revision
- Opportunity for Skills Logs to be signed off
Minimum age requirement is 14 years or older
|Dates & Location:||
New dates to be confirmed after the Easter Break.
If you are unable to attend the above dates or the date you would like to attend is full please register your interest here.
2 Day Course
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in BHS Stage 2 Two day refresher course.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.