BTEC Introductory Level 1 Diploma in Land Based Studies
This course is an ideal starting point for those students with some practical experience of working with horses. The course will enable students to progress onto a level 2 course.
Through work experience on the college yard, your understanding of horse care and welfare will be broadened and you will learn how to correctly handle and look after a variety of horses.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You'll also continue your English and maths up to GCSE level.
- Movement and accommodation
- Care for and feeding of animals
- Estate maintenance
- Assist with care and non ridden exercise of horses
- Personal development planning
|Dates & Location||
1 Year - 3 days a week
If you will be over 19 on the start date of your course you maybe required to pay tuition fees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
- You'll need to have achieved 1 or more GCSE grades 2-1
- A keen interest in horse management and prior experience with horses
- Mature students without the above will be considered