BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Equine Studies
Love horses and want to start a career in the equine industry? This Level 2 Diploma is equivalent to four GCSEs and is designed to give you the skills and knowledge needed to work in the horse industry.
You’ll get a great introduction to the knowledge and skills needed to work with horses including routine duties on a rota basis. Routine duties on the yard at the college will give students a taste of what it is like working with horses on a full-time basis.
These skills will be developed through a mix of guided practicals and classroom teaching including routine duties on the yard and riding lessons.
Routine duties on a rota basis are an essential part of the programme. This will involve working on the equine unit carrying out practical duties. Work experience is carried out throughout the year.
We offer impartial careers guidance to all of our students, email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your next step or to book an appointment – we’re here to help.
Industry Work Placement
All students aged 16-18 on our Level 2 & Level 3 programmes will now have to take part in an exciting and compulsory 10-day industry placement programme alongside completion of their vocational course. The programme will give you the chance to gain valuable skills in a real working environment whilst being paired with your ideal employer.
You will receive all the necessary information during your interview, and if you have any queries in the meantime please contact email@example.com
- BTEC Level 2 Techinal Diploma in Equine Studies
- Additional support towards gaining British Horse Society exams
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and maths
|Dates & Location||
3 days per week
If you will be over 19 on the start date of your course you maybe required to pay tuition fees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
- 3 GCSE at grades 3 and above including Science, and either Maths or English
- Completion of L1 Diploma at Distinction, and progression of study for Maths and English.
- portfolio of evidence showing potential to work at Level 2 standard with horses, including evidence of Maths, Science and English at GCSE
- Previous experience with horses essential
Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
I chose my course as I felt i would be the best course to suit my needs, both from a learning point of view and practically. The practical skills I've gained at Plumpton have really boosted my confidence around horses.
Students who achieve a Merit may progress onto the following courses:
- BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Equine Management
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certifcate in Equine Management
- Employment in the Equine industry
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You’ll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Biology and Health
- Equine Tack and Equipment
- Equine Work Placement
- Principles of working with horses
- Equine behaviour
- Equine preperation and plaiting
- Practical yard duties
- Riding on the flat