BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Land-based Studies (Agriculture)
Interested in agriculture and looking to develop practice agricultural skills at a pace to suit you?
This course is for those interested in agriculture but may have limited farming experience. You may likely be working towards achieving yourEnglish and maths qualifications alongisde. You will be passionate about learning outdoors and developing your practical agricultural skills.
You'll complete a series of work booklets, related to the content below:
- Being organised
- Developing a progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Finding out about the land-based sector
- Caring for and feeding animals
- Moving and accommodating animals
- Growing plants
- Using land-based machinery
- Preparing soil for planting
|Dates & Location||
The academic year runs from September to June.
3 days per week
If you will be over 19 on the start date of your course you maybe required to pay tuition fees. Please contact email@example.com to confirm.
- You’ll need to have achieved 1 or more GCSEs between Grade 2-1 (previous grade structure E-G) or another related Entry Level 3 qualification
- Completion of a Foundation Learning programme and a strong interest in agriculture
- Successful completion of a Level 1 course in another area
While I was at Plumpton I soon found that I was particularly interested in dairy farming. In my middle year I had the chance to truly hone my skills as part of a farming business, which has certainly made me more employable.