Discover the UK’s centre for excellence in wine
If you’re passionate about the wine industry, you’ve certainly come to the right place.
With the finest facilities and courses available in the UK, you’ll be able to gain all of the knowledge you’ll need to be successful in this highly competitive industry. Plumpton is renowned for being the UK’s centre for excellence in wine; giving you vital access to first-class education, training and research. Not to mention the only college that offers undergraduate degrees in wine business and production in English. You’ll be able to benefit from our excellent links with wine producers and distilleries, including visits to the world’s key marketplaces in wine.
Plumpton College also provides industry training for vineyards and wineries through our WineSkills extension programme.
- BA (Hons) International Wine Business Bachelor's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- BSc (Hons) Viticulture & Oenology Bachelor's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- FdA Wine Business Foundation degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- FdSc Wine Production Foundation degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- MSc Viticulture & Oenology Master's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
Part Time Courses
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Grapevine Disease Management WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vineyard Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Wine Sensory Evaluation WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills masterclass - How to control powdery mildew in your vineyard Plumpton Certificate
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.