Discover the UK’s centre for excellence in wine
If you’re passionate about the wine industry, you’ve certainly come to the right place.
With the finest facilities and courses available in the UK, you’ll be able to gain all of the knowledge you’ll need to be successful in this highly competitive industry. Plumpton is renown for being the UK’s centre for excellence in wine; giving you vital access to first-class education, training and research. Not to mention the only college that offers undergraduate degrees in wine business and production in English. You’ll be able to benefit from our excellent links with wine producers and distilleries, including visits to the world’s key marketplaces in wine.
Plumpton College also provides industry training for vineyards and wineries through our WineSkills extension programme.
Short Courses and Bespoke
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 1 Day Sessions
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 1 Day Sessions
- Judging Sparkling Wine- WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop Plumpton College Certificate
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.