Discover the UK’s centre for excellence in wine
If you’re passionate about the wine industry, you’ve certainly come to the right place.
With the finest facilities and courses available in the UK, you’ll be able to gain all of the knowledge you’ll need to be successful in this highly competitive industry. Plumpton is renown for being the UK’s centre for excellence in wine; giving you vital access to first-class education, training and research. Not to mention the only college that offers undergraduate degrees in wine business and production in English. You’ll be able to benefit from our excellent links with wine producers and distilleries, including visits to the world’s key marketplaces in wine.
Plumpton College also provides industry training for vineyards and wineries through our WineSkills extension programme.
Short Courses and Bespoke
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.