Plumpton Wine Division courses run in partnership with the Royal Agricultural University
If you’re passionate about the wine industry, you’ve certainly come to the right place. With the finest facilities and courses available in the UK, you’ll be able to gain all of the knowledge you’ll need to be successful in this highly competitive global industry.
The UK wine industry is one of the fastest growing and most successful in the agricultural sector, so if you're interested in pursuing a career in this growing and in demand sector with a wealth of exciting opportunities, consider one of Plumpton College's degree courses, apprenticeships or part-time courses.
- BA (Hons) International Wine Business Bachelor's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- BSc (Hons) Viticulture & Oenology Bachelor's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- Characterising Wine One day course
- Crop Technician (Viticulture) Apprenticeship Level 3
- FdA Wine Business Foundation degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- FdSc Wine Production Foundation degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- Intensive Principles of Wine Sensory Entry Level
- MSc Viticulture & Oenology Master's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- Principles of Wine Business 3 Day Course
- Vine Nutrition Online Course WineSkills Online Workshop
- Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine Faults One day course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking One Day Theory Workshop
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking Three Day Course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
Study with the Wine Division
Discover our range of courses:
Forging the next generation in the industry: Education and training is the key to fostering the vineyard managers, winemakers and marketers to fulfil the demands of an ever-expanding industry. WineGB estimates an increase from the current 2,000 employed to approximately 24,000 by 2040.
The industry is not only offering great career paths and creating many job opportunities but providing a significant boost to rural employment and the local economy.
Learn more about the Wine Division
Wine Division and RAU
Plumpton College Wine Division is one of the only institutes in the world to offer this level of academic and vocational education, all taught in the English language.
Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience. Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.