If you’re passionate about the wine industry, you’ve certainly come to the right place. With the finest facilities and courses available in the UK, you’ll be able to gain all of the knowledge you’ll need to be successful in this highly competitive global industry.
The UK wine industry is one of the fastest growing and most successful in the agricultural sector, so if you're interested in pursuing a career in this growing and in demand sector with a wealth of exciting opportunities, consider one of Plumpton College's degree courses, apprenticeships or part-time courses.
- BA (Hons) International Wine Business Bachelors degree
- BSc (Hons) Viticulture & Oenology Bachelor's degree
- Characterising Wine One day course
- Crop Technician (Viticulture) Apprenticeship Level 3
- FdA Wine Business Foundation Degree
- FdSc Wine Production Foundation Degree
- Intensive Principles of Wine Sensory Entry Level
- Making Sparkling Wine and Sparkling Apple Cider at home Six Week Evening Course
- MSc Viticulture & Oenology Master's degree
- Principles of Wine Business 3 Day Course
- Vine Nutrition Online Course WineSkills Online Workshop
- Vineyard Principles and Practice 5 Week Course
- Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine Faults One day course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking One Day Theory Workshop
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling Winemaking Three Day Course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wine WSET Level 2 Award
Forging the next generation in the industry: Education and training is the key to fostering the vineyard managers, winemakers and marketers to fulfil the demands of an ever-expanding industry. WineGB estimates an increase from the current 2,000 employed to approximately 24,000 by 2040.
The industry is not only offering great career paths and creating many job opportunities but providing a significant boost to rural employment and the local economy.
Learn more about the Wine Division
Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience. Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Follow us on our socials channels
Careers in the Wine Industry
Are you a science graduate, sommelier, or business minded? A career in the wine trade is dynamic taking you rurally, locally and internationally. Hear from our Wine graduates and where they are now.