Plumpton Wine Division courses run in partnership with the Royal Agricultural University
If you’re passionate about the wine industry, you’ve certainly come to the right place. With the finest facilities and courses available in the UK, you’ll be able to gain all of the knowledge you’ll need to be successful in this highly competitive global industry.
The UK wine industry is one of the fastest growing and most successful in the agricultural sector, so if you're interested in pursuing a career in this growing and in demand sector with a wealth of exciting opportunities, consider one of Plumpton College's degree courses, apprenticeships or part-time courses.
Wine Courses at Plumpton College
- BA (Hons) International Wine BusinessBachelor's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- BSc (Hons) Viticulture & OenologyBachelor's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- FdA Wine BusinessFoundation degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- FdSc Wine ProductionFoundation degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- MSc Viticulture & OenologyMaster's degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
Part Time Courses
- Characterising WineOne day course
- Intensive Principles of Wine SensoryEntry Level
- Principles of Wine Business3 Day Course
- Wineskills & Sensory Training - Identifying and Managing Wine FaultsOne day course
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling WinemakingOne Day Theory Workshop
- WineSkills Principles of Sparkling WinemakingThree Day Course
- WineSkills Principles of VinegrowingExtensive
- WineSkills Principles of VinegrowingIntensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of WinemakingExtensive
- WineSkills Principles of WinemakingIntensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in WinesLevel 3 Award
- WSET Award in WinesWSET Level 4 Diploma
- WSET Level 2 Award in WineWSET Level 2 Award
Study with the Wine Division
Discover our range of courses:
Forging the next generation in the industry: Education and training is the key to fostering the vineyard managers, winemakers and marketers to fulfil the demands of an ever-expanding industry. WineGB estimates an increase from the current 2,000 employed to approximately 24,000 by 2040.
The industry is not only offering great career paths and creating many job opportunities but providing a significant boost to rural employment and the local economy.
Learn more about the Wine Division
Wine Division and RAU
Plumpton College Wine Division is one of the only institutes in the world to offer this level of academic and vocational education, all taught in the English language.
Plumpton Wine Division Facilities
Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience. Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.