This is a practical based qualification that is specifically aimed at providing a solid foundation for the many aspects of horticulture.
- Safe and effective working practices in land-based industries
- Team work and working alone in land-based industries
- Identify plants
- Propagation of plants
- Establishment of Plants
- Maintenance of Plants
- Establishment and maintenance of Turf
- Literacy and Numeracy development
We offer impartial careers guidance to all of our students, email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore your next step or to book an appointment – we’re here to help.
- You'll need to have achieved 1 or more GCSes grades 2-1 (previous grade structure E-G) or another related Entry Level 3 qualification
- Completion of the Rural Pathways programme and a strong interest in horticulture
- Successful completion of a Level 1 course in another area
Mature students will be assessed for suitability on an individual basis at interview.
Dates & Location:
1 year full-time,
3 days per week plus 1 day work experience
This course could lead you on to:
- Level 2 Diploma Horticulture
- Level 2 Diploma Practical Horticulture Skills (Hard Landscaping)
- Level 1 Traineeships
- Level 2 apprenticeships
- Gardening assistant
- Nursery assistant
- Garden centre assistant
- Turf care assistant
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Horticulture.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.