Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Felling Small Trees up to 380mm
This practical course, formerly known as CS31, builds on the knowledge gained in the chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting course. After successful completion, students will be able to safely fell and process small trees up to 380mm in diameter. Chainsaws will be provided but students must provide their own PPE.
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type C all-round leg protection.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection to BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap - EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
To avoid disappointment early booking is advised.
|Dates & Location||
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
09:15 - 16:00
4 days training plus an additional assessment day
Total Fees: £800
Tuition Fee: £656 / Assessment Fee: £144
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Crosscutting, formally known as CS30