Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
This course, formerly known as CS30, provides students with a thorough understanding of chainsaw maintenance and safe operation as well as the cross cutting of timber. Aimed at the professional user, it is delivered through both practical and theory sessions. Chainsaws will be provided but students must provide their own PPE.
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type C all-round leg protection.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection to BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap - EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
To avoid disappointment early booking is advised.
|Dates & Location||
Please click here to view available dates.
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
09:15 - 16:00
2 days training plus an additional assessment day
Total fees: £535
Tuition Fee: £391 / Assessment Fee: £144
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Other courses that may interest you
- Basic Tree Survey & Inspection LANTRA One day course
- Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Felling Small Trees up to 380mm
- Forestry and Arboriculture Intensive Course (EWITS) 8 Week Course
- Introduction to Woodland Management One day course
- ROLO (Register of Land Based Operatives) Health & Safety Awareness One day course
- Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Tree climbing and aerial rescue
- Two Week Intensive Grounds Course (TWIG) Two Week Course