If you’re thinking about horticulture, it’s certainly one of the biggest industries in the land-based sector. In fact it’s the only one that links the UK’s climate to art, craft, nature and science.
Perhaps you’ve enjoyed studying one of these subjects at school, or you’re looking to take a degree or higher level course. Alternatively you may already be working in the industry and be looking to extend your current skills, or even learn some new ones. We have an excellent range of courses for you to enjoy and discover at Plumpton that will fit in with your life, while at the same time challenge you.
Our Part time courses will continue next academic year with a comprehensive collection of Horticulture, Garden Design and Landscape options. Look out for the full suite of RHS Diplomas, C&G Practical Diploma, and some exciting new Garden Design and Hard landscaping opportunities.
- Introduction to Making your own Compost Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Plant Production Intensive 1 day Course
- Introduction to Plant Propagation Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Planting Design Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Pruning at the Right Time Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Soil Health - Understanding the Magic of the Growing Environment 1 Day Workshop
- Introduction to Sustainable Gardening for the Future Workshop One Day Course
- Introduction to Tree Identification & Tree Health. How can we care for our trees 1 Day Workshop
- Know Your Garden (formerly A Year in the Garden) City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Practical Horticulture
- Learning to Garden (formerly Flourish Plus) City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture (Professional Pathway) Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Living Soils Professional Continued Professional Development
There has never been a better time to study Horticulture.
At Plumpton College, we are always looking for ways to develop and introduce new courses that are up to date with the current environment. Within Horticulture we would like to create and develop a range of new courses with you in mind.
So, if you can't quite find the course you want to study within our current course selection, we would like to hear your suggestions on what you would like to study and why. Please submit your suggestion in the form below
In collaboration with East Sussex County Council, we have embedded the development of maths skills to improve numeracy at work and in everyday life in several land-based subjects and careers.
Adults over 19 years of age and without a Level 2 qualification (GCSE or Functional Skills) in maths will be eligible.