Dog Grooming Assistants
City & Guild Level 2
Take your knowledge to the next level to really start your dog grooming career.
This course is for anyone interested in developing their basic grooming skills and who may even wish to follow a career in grooming.
This course is for the novice groomer, it introduces basic restraint and handling techniques, preparing and grooming dogs prior to bathing, as well as how to use a wide variety of equipment and techniques relevant to bathing, drying dogs and preparing their coat for styling.
Basic styling techniques will be covered. Recommended additional study hours outside of the course are 3-4 hours per week.
All students enrolled on the Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants will cover the following content:
- Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathing of dogs
- Dry dogs and prepare a dog for styling
- Carry out trimming of a dog’s coat to prepare for styling
- Move and lift dogs
- Maintain the cleanliness and biosecurity of the dog grooming environment
- Professional conduct
- Introduction to anatomical features, breed characteristics and behavior of dogs
|Dates & Location||
New Dates for 2024! Please apply via the link on your preferred date:
19th February, 2024 - 22nd July, 2024 (Mondays) - Fully Booked
Exact dates TBC:
9.00 - 16.00 | Plumpton College Campus
If you are interested in these courses then please register your interest for the September 2024 dates that will be released in May/June 2024.
The tuition for this course could be free for those on a Low Income or Universal Credits. If you earn under £20, 315 or on Universal Credits then give us call (01273 890 454) or email EAG (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
(You will need to purchase a Dog Grooming Kit to use for this course)
Students must have at least one of the following:
- Completion of Level 1 Principles of Dog Grooming (Plumpton College Certificate) or equivalent
- And/or Relevant experience of working with dogs/animals (minimum 4 weeks) with supporting reference
- Please note that students 16-18 years old should have GCSE English and maths at grade 4 (C) or above, or equivalent
Progress onto our Level 3 Dog Grooming course.