City & Guild Level 2
Take your knowledge to the next level to really start your dog grooming career.
This course is for anyone interested in developing their basic grooming skills and who may even wish to follow a career in grooming.
This course is for the novice groomer, it introduces basic restraint and handling techniques, preparing and grooming dogs prior to bathing, as well as how to use a wide variety of equipment and techniques relevant to bathing, drying dogs and preparing their coat for styling.
Basic styling techniques will be covered.
Recommended additional study hours outside of the course are 3-4 hours per week.
All students enrolled on the Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants will cover the following content:
- Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathing of dogs
- Dry dogs and prepare a dog for styling
- Carry out trimming of a dog’s coat to prepare for styling
- Move and lift dogs
- Maintain the cleanliness and biosecurity of the dog grooming environment
- Professional conduct
- Introduction to anatomical features, breed characteristics and behavior of dogs
Students must have at least one of the following:
|Dates & Location:||
9.15 - 16.15
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
Progress onto our Level 3 Dog Grooming course.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.