English and Maths Student Support Programmes Starting in January
00:00 - 00:00
Our English and Maths departments have launched two new student support and guidance groups for our students at Plumpton College. These are to provide support and techniques to achieve the results they deserve.
Additional support with personalised small-group tuition in addition to your timetabled English lessons.
The tuition sessions are being run as part of the ‘Flying Start’ programme, an initiative set up at Plumpton College to fill any gaps as a result of disrupted learning due to the pandemic, and to prepare students more effectively for the two English exam papers next summer with the hope of achieving at least a Grade 4.
The college will be offering sessions from Monday to Friday, starting as soon as possible - also including a lunchtime option - with one of two English Lecturers at Plumpton. The initial hope is to have these running face-to-face, but we understand there may be a need to operate these virtually in the future.
- Small-group, weekly tuition either virtually or face to face
- Exam techniques and revision skills
- Build stamina with timed writing practices
- Practise following the marking guide
- Covering English Language papers 1 and 2
Contact Nigel.Drake@Plumpton.ac.uk to book.
Additional support in English and Maths for apprentices at Plumpton College.
Are you an apprentice who may need some additional support?
We can help with the following:
- Sentence and paragraph construction, including punctuation
- Spelling support and tips
- How to plan and structure an assignment
- Basic numeracy skills such as multiplying and dividing
- Formulas and algebra processes
- Problem solving skills and multi-step problems
Please provide a brief outline of the support required, your preferred time slot and a preference of virtual or face to face in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see more information on the full Outreach Programme click here.
Learn more about our history
Since the original 400-acre College farm was bought back in 1919, Plumpton College has certainly seen a lot of changes.