Using a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness
NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Using a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness
Formally known as CS39, this course will teach you about operating a chainsaw in a tree, using a rope and harness.
The course will concentrate on the five basic requirements for NPTC assessment, as well as drawing on safe and accurate working practices. Chainsaws are provided but students must bring their own PPE.
- Protective Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs, eye protection and chin strap.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 981-5) Type C for tree surgeons. The trousers must have all round leg protection.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection (toe cap EN 345) Chainsaw protection (pr EN 345 part 2), not forestry wellingtons.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
- For the assessment all candidates will require a personal first aid kit and a whistle.
To avoid disappointment early booking is advised.
|Dates & Location||
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
09:15 - 16:00
3 days training plus an additional assessment day
Total Fees: £615
Tuition Fee: £471 / Assessment Fee: £144