City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate
Want to start your career in floristry?
If you’ve always loved flowers and have a creative energy, floristry can be a hugely rewarding career. At Plumpton College, we will equip you with all the tools you need for a floristry career in our Level 2 Technical Bac Certificate in Floristry.
In this course, you’ll be able to learn the fundamental skills of floristry, creating a range of designs from bouquets to shop displays. As well as achieving the qualification, we’ll also equip you with knowledge of how the industry works and you’ll learn about valuable working standards. As you graduate, you’ll have all the skills you need to kick-start your floristry career, whether that is progressing onto our Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Floristry or directly into employment as a professional florist.
At Plumpton College, you will benefit from fantastic facilities, with a dedicated floristry department and a friendly community of florists alike. The campus is set in a stunning environment, right below the rolling South Downs so there will be plenty of natural inspiration around to inspire your designs as well as the opportunity to forage for your designs. We hold educational trips and invite in leading industry speakers. As part of the course you will also be able to create real-life events and functions and get involved with floristry competitions.
This course also includes 150 hours work experience, so you’ll finish the course with all you need to continue into employment and gaining experience working in an industrial environment.
- Health and safety for the land-based industries
- Working in the floristry industry
- Customer service
- Caring for and maintaining floristry products
- Floristry design principles
- Preparing to create floristry designs
- Creating floristry designs
|Dates & Location||
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
*There are additional costs for floristry materials, find out more here.
- 2 9-4 grade GCSEs or a Level 1 certificate in a relevant subject
- Plus GCSE English and maths at E-G grades or Entry Level 3 English and maths or Functional Skills in English and maths at Entry 3 level.
You might progress into the following roles:
You could also progress onto the following qualifications:
- City and Guilds level 3 advanced Technical diploma in Floristry or NCFE level 3 advanced floral design certificate in creative craft