Great courses to support animal management
If you’re interested in the animal management industry you’re not alone. With nearly 100 zoos and aquariums in the UK alone, not to mention 20 million pets, there are loads of opportunities for working with animals.
Perhaps you’re looking for a course that will help you develop your current practical skills in management and handling, or maybe you’re looking to build your career in the animal management industry. From animal production to zoo keeping, we’ve got lots of different choices to suit you at Plumpton, whether you’re leaving school, college or currently working.
On many of our courses, you’ll be able to take part in work placements, giving you first-hand experience and helping you to boost your contacts in the industry.
- BSc (Hons) Applied Animal Behaviour & Welfare Top-Up Top-up degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
- FdSc Applied Animal Behaviour & Conservation Foundation Degree (validated by the Royal Agricultural University)
Part Time Courses
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Animal Care Level 3
- Animal Nursing Assistant Level 2
- Apprenticeship in Animal Care Level 2
- Diploma in Work-Based Animal Care - Animal Care and Welfare Pathway Level 3
- Dog Grooming Apprenticeship Intermediate and Advanced
You’ve got a fantastic animal management unit to discover here at Plumpton where you’ll be able to experience the latest technology and equipment. Each of the different animals requires a certain level of care so you’ll be able to experience managing different environments.
- All types of animal care management
We cater for an extensive range of animals: from amphibians to birds, fish to livestock, mammals to reptiles.
- Extensive farming facilities for you to discover
You’ll be able to develop invaluable practical handling skills at our Plumpton College farm site which manages a huge range of livestock.
- The perfect learning environment for your studies
We’ve got great facilities for you to work in and develop your practical skills no matter what course you’re studying.