Lots of agriculture courses to choose from
If you’re looking for one of the most important industries in the land-based sector, you’ll certainly find it in agriculture at Plumpton.
With the world’s population growing all of the time, it’s vital that we find ways to produce food sustainably. We have an excellent range of courses that will inspire you and give you all the necessary skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed.
Whether you’re just leaving school or you’d like to take a degree, we’ve got lots of choices for you to consider at Plumpton. Equally if looking to expand on your current skills, you’ll find an agriculture course to suit you.
- Agriculture Level 1
- Agriculture Foundation degree
Short Courses and Bespoke
- Hand Blade Sheep Shearing Three day course
- Lambing Practical (Netherfield) One day course
- Lambing Practical (Plumpton) One day course
- Safe use of Sheep Dips NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Sheep Shearing for Beginners and Improvers Three day course
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC Level 2
- Livestock Transport (Short Journeys) NPTC Certificate
- PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC Award
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle Prepare and use hand held pesticides applicators
- Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control NPTC Level 2 Award
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators NPTC
- Competence in the Safe and Responsible Use of Veterinary Medicines NPTC Level 2
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
- Lots of space for you to work in
Our 780-hectare commercial farming estate gives you the opportunity to experience different livestock and arable farming.
- The latest equipment for you to discover
We’ve got a modern 300 cow dairy unit complete with 36:36 Herringbone milking parlour where you’ll gain hands-on experience.
- An extensive range of livestock for you to experience
You’ll get to work with our Sussex beef cattle, sow pig unit plus our extensively managed flock of 550 sheep.
- The perfect environment for you to study
You’ll enjoy practical lessons where you’ll gain hands-on farming experience in our modern classrooms and farming sites.
Currently the UK farming industry is facing some major changes. However with challenges it allows for opportunities to open. There is an enormous prospect for keen, enthusiastic individual to progress into farming careers assisting to meet the growing need for new employees and assist to maintain the industries skills need.
Gaining a recognised qualification, which is industry focused will provide a fantastic foundation for all learner to progress and success. Providing a platform for an individual to growth and explore the wider areas of the industry, whether that be on to an Agriculture or Animal Science Degree programme or into a employed position with an agricultural contactor there are numerous opportunities available.