Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Creative Craft (Heritage & Traditional Crafts)
If jewellery is your passion and you’re looking to boost your skills, this is the course for you to take here at Plumpton College, whether you’re leaving school, at college or even working in the industry.
This course is suited to anyone wanting to learn and develop fine jewellery bench skills. If you're interested in the creative process of researching, designing, making, and marketing jewellery peices, this course is perfect if you’re looking to boost your career in the jewellery industry.
It’s a technical course, packed with a variety of different units requiring different skills. You will cover:
- Researching jewellery designs and influences.
- How to draw and scale up designs in model form and then how to make these into finished pieces. This will be set as a project to allow creative flair to show through.
- How to cast, solder, and use precious and semi precious metals along with different finishing techniques.
- You will also have an opportunity to plan how to market and scale up your ideas into a business.
You'll benefit from use of our dedicated jewellery room and expert tutors able to develop your jewellery-making ability.
|Dates & Location
1 year, full-time
3 days per week, with 50% practical and 50% theoretical study.
£80 (excluding trips which may not be compulsary).
£500 material costs.
Please see the below pages for more information on costings:
- You’ll need to have achieved 2 or more GCSEs between Grade 9-4 (previous grade structure A*-C) including English and maths.
- Successful completion of a related Level 1 qualification
- Aged 16 or over
This course will help you develop all of the practical skills you’ll need to build your career within the jewellery industry or whether you’d like to have your own self-employed jewellery business. Students can then go on to progress to studying a BA Arts programme at University.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules and will need to complete a work placement of 150 hours. You’ll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level.
- Craft techniques, materials, tools and equipment
- Develop Craft Ideas
- Explore commercial craft briefs
- Produce craft work in response to a commercial craft brief