Discover our forestry and arboriculture courses
There’s so much to learn and experience in the forestry and arboriculture industry. Whether you’re at school and want to join us at our Forest School, or leaving school or college, we’ve got a great selection of courses for you to enjoy.
Equally if you’re currently working in the forestry and arboriculture industry, we’ll help you to further your current skills and discover new ones.
You’ll be able to gain a wide range of skills in the latest forestry equipment and machinery. Plumpton is an excellent environment for you to come and study; we’ve got over 800 hectares here at our Plumpton estate alone for you to experience.
Part Time Courses
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Award
- Competence in Manually Fed Wood Chippers NPTC Level 2
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Felling of Small Trees Plumpton College Certificate
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting Plumpton College Certicate
- Forestry and Arboriculture Intensive Course Level 2
- Grounds Course Three Week Intensive
- Woodland Archaeology One day course
- Woodland Tree Identification Half day course
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.