Two Week Course
This is a two week intensive course that will give you the necessary skills to begin a career in woodland management / grounds maintenance. On successfully completing the course you will be trained to industry standards in chainsaw maintenance and crosscutting and manually fed woodchipper and safe use of brush cutters and trimmers.
The course will be complimented with a City and Guilds Level 1 Practical Horticultural Skills certificate.
All students will be required to have their own Chainsaw Personal Protective Equipment but all chainsaws and tools will be provided.
- NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross Cutting
- NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Manually Fed Wood Chippers
- NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Safe Use of Brushcutters & Trimmers
- City and Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Practical Horticulture Skills
Please do not delay your booking to guarantee your place.
|Dates & Location:||
11th April - 22nd April, 2022 (Fully Booked)
25th July – 5th August, 2022 (Fully Booked)
Click on your preferred date to apply
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
10:00 – 15:00
Total Fee £750.00
(Tuition fee £300 - fee remission can be applied/Assessment fee £450 - mandatory)
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a wood miser saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.