Two Week Intensive Grounds Course (TWIG)
Two Week Course
This is a two week intensive course that will give you the necessary skills to begin a career in woodland management / grounds maintenance. On successfully completing the course you will be trained to industry standards in chainsaw maintenance and crosscutting and manually fed woodchipper and safe use of brush cutters and trimmers.
The course will be complimented with a City and Guilds Level 1 Practical Horticultural Skills certificate.
All students will be required to have their own Chainsaw Personal Protective Equipment but all chainsaws and tools will be provided.
- NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross Cutting
- NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Manually Fed Wood Chippers
- NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Safe Use of Brushcutters & Trimmers
- City and Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Practical Horticulture Skills
Please do not delay your booking, apply now to guarantee your place.
|Dates & Location||
Please click on your preferred date in order to apply:
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
09:15 – 15:30
2 weeks course
Total Fee £750.00
(Tuition fee £300 - fee remission can be applied. Mandatory Assessment fee £450)
If you are unemployed and in receipt of state benefits or working and your income is under £20,319 you could be entitled to financial support towards the tuition fees of this course. Ask our EAG team on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Must be 19+
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type A front leg protection or Type C all-round leg protection.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection to BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap - EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7)
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a wood miser saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.