NPTC Level 2 Award
The course will teach students how to carry out pre-start checks and maintenance.
Selection of cutting heads and operation techniques for brushcutter and trimmers. This course is aimed at those working in forestry, aboriculture, countryside and ground maintenance sectors.
- Risk assessments
- Health and safety
- PPE selection
- Pre-cut tests
- Operating techniques
- Please bring with you:
- a notepad, pen,
- flask and a packed lunch.
- Steel Toe Capped Boots,
- Tough non-snag work clothing i.e. overalls,
- Ear defenders (as part of a Forestry helmet is acceptable),
- Gloves with protection to the back of the hand i.e. rigger type,
- Polycarbonate visor or safety glasses / goggles behind a mesh.
Course reference: FOP018
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
20th September 2018
15th October 2018
29th November 2018
1 day plus an assessment day
£150 plus a £116 mandatory exam fee
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Handheld Hedgecutters
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques NPTC Level 3 Award
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Award
- Competance in Manually Fed Wood Chippers NPTC Level 2
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Felling of Small Trees Plumpton College Certificate
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting Plumpton College Certicate
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Felling and Processing Tress up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Award
- Forestry and Arboriculture Intensive Course Level 2
- Grounds Course Three Week Intensive
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue NPTC Level 2 Award
- Woodland Archaeology One day course
- Woodland Tree Identification Half day course