Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers
NPTC Level 2 Award
The course will teach students how to carry out pre-start checks and maintenance.
Selection of cutting heads and operation techniques for brushcutter and trimmers. This course is aimed at those working in forestry, aboriculture, countryside and ground maintenance sectors.
- Risk assessments
- Health and safety
- PPE selection
- Pre-cut tests
- Operating techniques
- Please bring with you:
- a notepad, pen,
- flask and a packed lunch.
- Steel Toe Capped Boots,
- Tough non-snag work clothing i.e. overalls,
- Ear defenders (as part of a Forestry helmet is acceptable),
- Gloves with protection to the back of the hand i.e. rigger type,
- Polycarbonate visor or safety glasses / goggles behind a mesh.
Please do not delay your booking – to guarantee your place, please book 2 weeks in advance of course date
|Dates & Location||
Click Apply Now to view dates
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
1 day plus an assessment day
£150 plus a £128 mandatory exam fee
There are no entry requirements for this course.
NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Handheld Hedgecutters