NCFE Level 2 Creative Craft
This is a part-time course for 20 weeks aimed at complete beginners or those with a little experience, who wish to obtain a qualification in floristry.
The short NCFE courses are aimed at sole traders i.e. those that wish to work from home or work part-time in a florist shop.
The programme covers basic floristry skills including conditioning techniques, principles and elements of design, basic hand tied bouquets, presentation gift wrapping, floral designs for all occasions and an introduction to wedding and sympathy work.
You will complete a portfolio of work which includes photographic evidence of your completed designs and some assignment work. Your portfolio will be assessed by external moderators for the qualification.
Course Code: FLP018/001
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Wednesday 13th September 2017- Wednesday 10th January 2018
Friday 26th January 2018- Friday 25th May 2018
Time: 09:30 - 16:00
1 day a week for 20 weeks
Learning Level: Level 2
The course fee does not include floral materials and sundries. These must be purchased on a weekly at an approximate cost of £20+
We’re truly fortunate to have the beautiful natural surroundings of our Plumpton estate and the South Downs to give inspiration for all of our courses. You’ll be able to enjoy our extensive grounds and horticulture facilities, all conveniently located for your course.
- The perfect working location for your studies
Extensive estate grounds and horticulture greenhouses for you to discover at Plumpton, the ideal location for identifying and creating displays from our indoor and outdoor plants.
- Modern floristry classrooms in a natural environment
You’ll find our classes a great inspiration for your floral creations. Helping you to develop your skills in a modern and comfortable environment.
- Excellent support from experienced staff
You’ll discover great support from our experienced lecturers. Their focus is on making all of your lectures challenging but enjoyable too!
- Grow your knowledge on our course visits
As part of many of our courses, we offer visits to New Covent Garden, local garden centres and wholesalers, plus to the bulb fields of Holland.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Introduction to Floristry.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Floral Design NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Creative Craft
- Advanced Floristry Evening course
- Advanced Wedding Designs and Specialist Function Flowers NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Creative Craft
- Beginners Floristry Evening course
- Christmas Floristry Workshop One day workshop
- Intermediate Floristry Evening course
- Summer Floristry Workshop Plumpton College Certificate
- Wedding Workshop Plumpton College Certificate