LANTRA One day course
Identifying hazardous trees is a vital part of a number of jobs, from park rangers to estate workers.
Our training is designed to help you recognise and then report issues to an appropriate expert.
It's a basic one-day course to give you the knowledge to be able to identify potential hazards.
We'll guide you through the process with a balanced mix of theory and practice.
You'll learn the relevant health and safety issues, as well as key legislation and risk assessments.
A practical session identifying hazardous trees will also form part of the course.
- Health and safety
- Risk assessment
- Legal framework Collecting the information
- The limits and scope of the surveys
- Hazardous trees
Worth noting: Although our course is mostly classroom-based, you'll be expected to be able to look at a range of trees outside. If you have mobility problems or a medical condition that could have an impact on your health and safety, please let us know prior to the course.
What will be covered? By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- State the legal and safety implications of hazardous trees
- Maintain your own health and safety while carrying out a basic tree survey and inspection
- Recognise hazardous trees
- Determine level of risk
- Decide on an appropriate course of action
- Collect and maintain adequate information
- Recognise your own limitations
This is a training course only - a certificate of attendance will be issued.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:||
TBC - Please register your interest for this course.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Basic Tree Survey & Inspection.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.