This is a fantastic, varied and exciting introductory course, ideal for those with an interest in farming who would like to gain further experience in agriculture. You will learn practical skills and agricultural theory, working on our college farm as well as visiting other farms for a variety of farming methods.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules including:
- Farm animal movement
- Farm animal health and welfare
- Introduction to farm animal husbandry
- Introduction to health & safety
- Tractor operations.
This course is available at both our Lewes and Netherfield campuses.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Electively Home Educated
2 years part-time
1 day per week
I am from a non-farming background, but have worked with horses for many years. I had the opportunity to work at a local farm during lambing season. I found it so interesting and exciting that I decided I wanted to learn more and broaden my knowledge of agriculture.
I love how practical our lessons are. We are able to be involved in a wide variety of different activities ranging from driving tractors to herding sheep on the South Downs. Our tutors are very encouraging and always help us to achieve our full potential. We have small class sizes which enable us to have lots of fun and learn at the same time!
For years 12 and 13 I aim to carry on at Plumpton College full time studying Level 3 Agriculture. At the moment I’m interested in going to University and sheep farming, but one of the amazing things about agriculture is how many different career options there are so my plans could change. One thing is for certain, and that is that coming to Plumpton College has made me 100% sure that I want a career in agriculture.
- Students usually come into college at age 14 and are on a two year programme. On successful completion of this they are then in a position to apply for a place on the 16+ full time study programmes. Towards the end of the second year this is discussed with students as part of the progression tutorials.
- On applying for a 16+ course students will be required to attend an interview for the course and will be processed as a new applicant.
- Once students are a 16+ programme they are also in a position to apply for bursaries to support learning, travel etc.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Agriculture.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.