Sheep Shearing for Beginners
Three day course
Gain new skills in sheep shearing.
This course covers the instruction and practice of shearing, including preparation and care of machines and presentation of wool for sale.
|Dates & Location
Wednesday 15th May - Friday 17th May 2024
9.00 - 17.00
Plumpton College Campus
There are no entry requirements for this course.
You will be required to wear a waterproof coat, waterproof leggings or trousers and wellington boots.
You will need to bring a note pad and pen.
Minimum age 16.
Come and discover our excellent agriculture facilities at Plumpton - set in the backdrop of the beautiful South Downs. You’ll find the latest state of the art equipment plus all the different types of farmland for you to experience here at Plumpton.
Other courses that may interest you
- Agriculture Habitat Management 7 Week Course
- Awareness of Integrated Weed Management Lantra One day course
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Taster Day One day course
- Lambing Practical One day course
- PA1 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC
- PA2 Ground Crop Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA3 Air Assisted Sprayer - Mounted or Trailed Preparation and maintenance of the sprayer
- PA4S Operating Mounted or Trailed Slug Pellet Applicators NPTC
- PA6A Knapsack Sprayer - Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6AW - Hand Held Application In or Near Water with Hydraulic Nozzle NPTC
- PA6INJ - Hand Held Application Using Injection Equipment NPTC
- ROLO (Register of Land Based Operatives) Health & Safety Awareness One day course
- Rough Terrain Telescopic Lift Truck for Experienced Operators LANTRA
- Safe Use of Pesticides for Vertebrate Pest Control for Rats & Mice NPTC Level 2 Award
- Sheep Handling One day course
- Tractor Driving LANTRA
- Tractor Driving for Absolute Beginners 2 Day Course
- Two Week Intensive Grounds Course (TWIG) Two Week Course