NPTC Level 2 Award
This one day course will teach students the safe use and maintenance of a powered pole pruner.
Please note that this course has a £105 mandatory exam fee.
- Risk assessments
- Personal protective equipment
- Pre-use checks
- Routine checks
- Preparation of site
- Machine and materials
Following the course there is a competence assessment by an NPTC assessor on a separate date.
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type B front of leg protection for ground work.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection to BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap - EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
Course reference: FOP008
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
This course runs on a Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
£140 plus a £106 mandatory exam fee.
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques NPTC Level 3 Award
- Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting Refresher Plumpton College Certificate
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Award
- Competance in Manually Fed Wood Chippers NPTC Level 2
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Felling of Small Trees Plumpton College Certificate
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting Plumpton College Certicate
- Emergency First Aid at Work + Forestry WorkSafe
- Felling & Processing Trees up to 380mm Refresher Plumpton College Certificate
- Felling and Processing Tress up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Award
- Generating Income from Coppice Woodland One day course
- Introduction to Mobile Sawmilling One day course
- Introduction to Woodland Management and Applying for Felling Licences One day course
- Oak Timber Framing (Flimwell) One week course
- Oak Timber Framing (Plumpton) One week course
- Practical Woodland Management using hand tools Practical techniques
- Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Inspection One day course
- Trug Making Plumpton College Certificate
- Woodland Archaeology One day course
- Woodland Pest & Diseases One day course
- Woodland Tree Identification Half day course
- Workshop - Different Uses of Felled Timber Practical course
- Workshop - Introduction to Woodland Management Practical course
- Workshop - Planning Timber Felling and Wood Fuel Processing Practical course
- Workshop - Tree Care to Optimise end value Half day course
- Workshop - Woodland Maintenance and Equipment Care Practical course