NPTC Level 2 Award
This one day course will teach students the safe use and maintenance of a powered pole pruner.
Please note that this course has a £105 mandatory exam fee.
- Risk assessments
- Personal protective equipment
- Pre-use checks
- Routine checks
- Preparation of site
- Machine and materials
Following the course there is a competence assessment by an NPTC assessor on a separate date.
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type B front of leg protection for ground work.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection to BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap - EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7).
Course reference: FOP008
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:||
09:00 - 17:00.
Lewes Campus - Plumpton College
£140 plus a £106 mandatory exam fee.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Safe Use of a Powered Pole Pruner.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.